The Patent Magazine has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with WIIPA, the World Invention Intellectual Property Associations
Supporting young inventors, encouraging matching between stakeholders and presenting the most innovative prototypes: these are the objectives of the partnership signed between “The Patent” and WIIPA. Thanks to this agreement, the magazine will become the privileged channel for the dissemination and promotion of the activities and the services promoted by the World Invention Intellectual Property Associations.
Founded in 2010 by Mr. Hsieh Hsin-Ming, WIIPA is a no-profit global organization that promotes invention, innovation and intellectual property rights around the globe. At the moment, 50 member countries and partners have joined the “WIIPA Family” promoting cooperation between associations, inventors and enterprises of various countries. Inspiring creativity and innovation of potential inventors both local and international. Meanwhile, strengthening the global application development in the field of intellectual property rights.
The mission of WIIPA
WIIPA upholds the spirit of globalization and extends its vision across the globe. With technology, using network interface allows a fluid communication pattern for a more innovative exchange of ideas and information among stakeholders. In addition to periodically holding activities, such as international exhibitions and conferences, WIIPA will develop an invention seed teacher training programs. In all these activities, WIIPA’s main objectives are:
- Provide services such as academic counseling for its members and universities (local and international) on invention related matters, effective communication, patents and its related field of intellectual property.
- Engage members as well as delegates from foreign universities in seminars, practical training opportunities (both local and abroad) to increase the level of skill and competency of the Association.
- Promote mutual visit and reciprocity among member organizations, inventors, and manufacturers to strengthen not only multilateral relations but also cultural ties between member countries.
- Raise the level of invention and innovation to international standards and implement stringent measures to protect the inventors’ creation in the field of intellectual property.
- Establish educational research, development centers, international forums lectures, conference etc.
WIIPA member states span across continents. The member countries in the “WIIPA Family” currently has 50 member states and partners, including Australia, Brazil, Canada, Croatia, Egypt, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Iran, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United States, Vietnam, China, India and Thailand. Among them, Croatia, located in Eastern Europe is a founding member of WIIPA which is also very active in activities in Asia and is a significant bridge connecting the invention circle between Asia and Europe.
WIIPA puts great emphasis on “common concept” and “substantial participation”. Application for membership should go through a recommendation process by eligible members of WIIPA. Furthermore, aspiring members should participate in any of WIIPA’s member Expo or Conference for a period of not less than two (2) years. Finally, membership will be decided through an election process by all members present during WIIPA annual meeting. The membership process is quite rigorous. Nevertheless, WIIPA members have certain privileges other associations aspire for. One of them is taking part in WIIPA meetings, conferences as well as exchange activities from time to time to have a full understanding and mastery of the development and complexity of international inventions.
WIIPA and The Patent
Preview on the pages of “The Patent” and on the website www.thepatent.news the inventions, patents and activities promoted by WIIPA will. Their projects are strongly in tune with the spirit of the magazine and it has been decided to stipulate a Memorandum of Understanding for the promotion of activities of common interest.
WIIPA and “The Patent” are confident that this partnership will help advance the inventor community and the world of innovation.