[Kuala Lumpur, 21 October 2023] — The MTE 2023 Sustainable Development Goals International Innovation Awards & Expo, a virtual expo held from 18th to 20th October 2023, witnessed a gathering of visionaries, innovators, and advocates committed to advancing the United Nations’ 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
With 3316 attendees hailing from diverse corners of the globe including Malaysia, Taiwan, China, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Venezuela, Canada, Thailand, Australia, India, Philippines, and Myanmar, MTE 2023 emerged as a beacon of international collaboration in pursuit of sustainable solutions.
The heart of the event lay in the awards, where a remarkable 165 entries vied for recognition, culminating in 149 exceptional projects shortlisted across five categories, each meticulously aligned with the United Nations’ SDGs.
Gracing the Awards Results Announcement Ceremony were esteemed dignitaries:
- YB Dato’ Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin,
Minister of Higher Education Malaysia (MOHE)
- YB Datuk Arthur Joseph Kurup,
Deputy Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI)
Their congratulatory speeches echoed the significance of the event and commended the dedication of participants towards creating a sustainable future.
Heading the Awards Committee were luminaries in the field of academia and innovation:
- Professor Datuk Dr. Roziah Mohd Janor,
Chair of the Awards Committee,
Former Vice-Chancellor, Universiti Teknologi MARA
- Professor Dato’. Ir. Dr. Abdul Rahman Mohamed, FASc,
Deputy Chair of the Awards Committee,
Vice-Chancellor, Universiti Sains Malaysia
- Professor Dr. Wong Tin Wui,
Awards Chief Juror,
Non-Destructive Biomed Pharma Research Centre (NDBPRC), Smart Manufacturing Research Institute (SMRI), Universiti Teknologi MARA
A distinguished panel of judges from Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Germany, Italy, Japan, Singapore, India, Mexico, Indonesia, Qatar, and Australia lent their expertise to the meticulous adjudication process.
The pinnacle of achievement was celebrated with 74 Gold, 38 Silver, and 23 Bronze awards. Additionally, 20 projects were honored with the Outstanding Innovation Awards, while 19 received Special Awards.
Among the recipients of this year’s special awards conferred by the following renowned international inventors’ associations and organisations were:
Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE)
- FarmMate-S1: The Game Changer for the Shrimp Farming Industry by Monash University Malaysia
- NaturePatch: Repair and Strengthening Structures Solution by Kolej Pengajian Kejuruteraan, Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)
Malaysian Research Accelerator for Technology & Innovation (MRANTI)
- Stamps Assessment and Payment System (STAMPS) – Submit your instruments and pay your stamp duties online by Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri Malaysia (LHDNM)
International Federation of Inventors’ Association (IFIA)
- The BioSS Bricks by Kolej Pengajian Kejuruteraan, Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
National Institutes of Biotechnology Malaysia (NIBM)
- Termicide: Nature Based Liquid Termite Control for Urban Households by Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
ISPE Malaysia Affiliate
- Revolutionizing TCM Healthcare: An Innovative Virtual Reality Diagnostic and treatment System for Traditional Chinese Medicine by Hainan Vocational University of Science and Technology, China
Toronto International Society Of Innovation & Advanced Skills (TISIAS)
& Bentham Science Publishers
- Peptide-Alginate Functionalized Smart Oral Nanoinsulin for Affordable Diabetes Treatment by Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
Chinese Innovation and Invention Society (CIIS) Taiwan
- Wallet & Handbag-fit Banknote Reader for The Visually Impaired by Multimedia University (MMU)
Macau Association of Inventors And Innovators
- J-Force Smart System by Klang Municipal Council, Klang District And Land Office
For complete results, visit: https://sdg.mte.org.my/winners-announcement/
The event featured an extensive program of knowledge-sharing sessions in collaboration with leading institutions and experts. These sessions covered a wide range of topics, including seaweed production, energy transition, electronic equipment repair, and innovative approaches to anticancer therapy. Additionally, discussions addressed crucial issues such as supporting UN Sustainable Development Goals, neurobiological traits in addiction, and behavioral management, along with a focus on combatting global warming.
Moreover, the event highlighted cutting-edge research on topics like the anti-fatigue effects of Lycium Barbarum L. Polysaccharide Effervescent Tablets and the potential of insects as sustainable protein sources for circular agro-industrial economies. These sessions were led by esteemed organizations like UCSI University, University of Malaya, Seadling Sdn Bhd, Sabah Fisheries Department, Universiti Tenaga Nasional, Politeknik Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), S.A.S, India, Bentham Science Publishers, Universiti Teknologi MARA, Universiti Malaysia Sabah, Entomal Biotech Sdn. Bhd., Agro-Biotechnology Institute (ABI).
A highlight of the event was the launch of Sharity Malaysia, a Sustainable Development Goals Initiative at MTE 2023. This endeavor is supported by The International Science, Technology, and Innovation Centre for South-South Cooperation under the Auspices of UNESCO (ISTIC) along with participating partners:
- World Vision Malaysia
- Rose Charities Malaysia
- Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA Selangor)
- Humanitarian Care Malaysia (MyCARE)
- Persatuan Orang Asli Semenanjung Malaysia (POASM)
The event will remain accessible until 27th October 2023. To explore the innovative projects and sustainable solutions, click here: https://mte.ibentos.com/.
Ms. Louisa Chin : firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Telephone : +603.6140.6666
Mobile : +6011.1409.1509