IFIA informs to the members. Dubai International Best Practices Award for Sustainable Development
In partnership with UN-HABITAT and Dubai Municipality. Recognizing excellence and supporting urban best practices to improve the living environment. US$1M in prizes to be awarded at Expo2020. The Dubai International Best Practices Award for Sustainable Development aims to recognize global innovative practices that have made a positive impact and continue to improve the quality of people’s life leading to the cities of the future.
Established in 1995—under the directive of the late Sheikh Maktoum Bin Rashid Al Maktoum during the United Nations International Conference in Dubai—as an outcome of the Dubai Declaration. This declaration created the international concept of sharing Best Practices for the accelerated development of the human settlements sector. The Dubai International Best Practices Award for Sustainable Development has continued to receive support from H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai and H.H. Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai, Minister of Finance and Industry and Chairman of Dubai Municipality.
1. Best Practices Award in Urban Regeneration and Public Spaces
2. Best Practices Award in Construction of Sustainable, Innovative and Smart Buildings
3. Best Practices Award in Sustaining Urban Food Systems
4. Best Practices Award in Addressing Climate Change and Reducing Pollution
5. Best Practices Award in Urban Infrastructure Planning and Management